Our Waste – The Future?
Wednesday 4th December 2019
10:00 – 12:30 Community Partnerships in Action
12:45 – 13:30 Networking Lunch
13:30 – 17:00 Towards a Circular Economy
Heritage Quay, University of Huddersfield
View conference programme
Join the conversation about the future of our waste in Kirklees.
Community Partnerships In Action – how residents, community organisations, businesses and councils can work together to reduce, reuse and recycle waste.
Towards A Circular Economy explores the implications of the new National Waste Strategy within Kirklees – for minimising waste, promoting resource efficiency and creating a local circular economy.
If you cannot attend but want to be kept in touch with the proposed Kirklees Waste & Resources Network. Sign up below and you will receive e-mailed information about future events by KWRNET
- Raising awareness and planning for change – resulting from the national waste strategy, public expectations in a climate emergency and new council waste disposal arrangements
- Promoting waste reduction, re-use and recycling
- Encouraging networking between the public sector, private sector and community and voluntary sector
- Exploring the links between waste and our industrial strategy, environmental protection and poverty agendas
- Identifying the stakeholders in Kirklees
- Establishing a Kirklees Waste & Resources Network (www.kwrnet.org.uk)
Who should attend?
Stakeholders in Kirklees – in waste management, recycling and re-use; businesses and institutions that are significant waste producers; communities and voluntary organisations actively involved in waste alternatives and waste prevention; researchers, regulators and environmentalists
What will it cost to attend?
Corporate (business and public sector) £20
Concessions (students & low income residents) £5
Lunch and refreshments £10
*for delegates from voluntary sector, community organisations and Kirklees residents
This event is a collaboration between Environment Kirklees Ltd – a not for profit company – and SURGE, the Centre for Sustainability, Responsibility, Governance and Ethics, part of the Huddersfield Business School at the University of Huddersfield.